One of the most important parameters to monitor in any cell culture process is the viable, that is, metabolically active cell volume.
Hamilton’s cell density sensors measure viable cell volume based on capacitance. The measuring line consists of an Incyte or Dencytee Sensor, an Incyte Pre-Amp and an Arc View transmitter. The Arc View transmitter integrates the measurements of viable and total cell density, pH and dissolved oxygen measurement in one device and can be used as stand-alone device, as well as being integrated into a process control system.
· Characterisation of process dynamics support understanding of the cell culture.
The measured parameters of the capacitance sensors are linked to biovolume, intracellular conductivity, membrane capacitance and cell size distribution and allow more precise declaration on the cells/process compared to the optical density probe.
· Optimisation of critical parameters, like feeding strategy, inoculation and harvesting time
· Early detection of process deviations allows better cell culture traceability.
· Reduction of contamination risks which are generally increased by frequent sampling
· Arc View transmitter allows the direct correlation of viable cell volume with process controlling parameters like pH and DO
· Higher production yields
· Consistent product quality
· Improved productivity
· Cost savings: Reduced man hours for off-line sampling methods
CLICK HERE for more information